Skip to main content

A card from the craft room: 1


Hero Arts Card Kit July
We all love to make a card or two and now I've got the space to store them I've been making a few myself.  For todays cards I used the July Hero Art card kit and 'The Stampers Friend' by Be Creative.  It's the latest stamp platform to hit the market - thank you Justin and Gordon for mine.  I love the colour, the notched ruler, the non slip base and the four magnets (rather than two), perfect to hold your card in place while stamping.  It has a great price point too which makes it a valued addition to your crafty stash without breaking the bank. 
I used Archival black ink to stamp my chosen images onto white 160gsm card, and Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers to colour in the images.  I love these pens and seem to be using them more and more these days.   
Once my images were coloured in I used the co ordinating dies and my Baby Blue die cutting machine to cut them out.  (Does anyone know where you can get replacement cutting platforms from for this machine? - I so need new ones) 
 I could fussy cut out the images, but really like the bevelled edge you get when they are die cut. It makes your card look a little more professional (me thinks :-) 
 I used a piece of purple/white checked card for the backgrounds on the first tow cards (above) and then cut the last strip down to 5 3/4" to use on this one. Working on a white card piece cut at 2 1/4" x 4" I mounted the large bouquet on foam pads, bent the stalk downwards and stuck it in place.  I did the same three single sprigs of lavender and added them over the large bouquet, sticking the stalks down to the white card with a little glue.  I used foam strips on the undersides of the jug so it sat over the stalks and then dded the bow to finish the bouquet.    
Once I'd layered the white card over the checked strip card I added the sentiment, also mounted on an off-cut of the checked card and foam pads and ta da! my card was finished. 
Hero Arts Card 2 July Kit
 Here's a close up of my three cards made from the July Hero Arts stamp set. 
Hero Arts Card 1 July Kit
Hero Arts Card 3 July Kit
I put an envelope with each card and stored them in my Card Storage Unit so they're ready to send when I need them. 
Supplies 
White 6 x 6 Card blanks
A4 Background Card - purple checked
White card for stamping 
Hero Arts Monthly Kit 
Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers
water Brush 
Black Archival Ink
Purple cardstock
foam tape/double sided tape

Hope you enjoyed todays share........thanks for calling by and ta ta 'till next time :-) C 

Comments

  1. Morning Clare, Three very pretty cards !! I love using my stamp platforms, I have the Tim Holtz one and also the Misti, although I do love the colour of the Gordon and Justin ones. The Baby Blue replacement plates seem to be out of stock at present, but there are compatible ones for the Baby Blue on ebay sold by slipscreenslimited 4 plates for £8, hope this helps.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Clare, I don't have a stamp platform as they are really expensive here but I love the coloring you have done and these cards are so cheerful, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Claire ,sorry i can't help with the cutting plates ,hope you find some soon .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this card tutorial! I enjoy dimensional stamped images. I will definitely be using your tips and techniques. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September - Kit of the Month

Morning everyone, I'm really excited to be sharing our latest Kit of the Month with you today.  New for September this little Flip Flap album and its co ordinating case has been altered in papers from the Blue Stars collection by Stamperia.  There's a subtle festive feel to the papers and gorgeous whimsical fairies and cut outs adorn the pages. The kit comes with printed instructions and all the elements needed to make up the box, album covers and decorate the pages.  Here's a few more pics of the project.   Take a peek at the full project in the video below:  For more info on what's included in the kit, delivery T  C's and to place your pre-order for this limited stock kit follow the link below:  September Kit of the Month  Thanks for calling by, have a fun filled day and look forward to catching up again wiht our August Giveaway on 4th :-) C

Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Blog Hop

Hi every one  We've got another fun blog hop this week running from 17th -21st December with Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  As always there's an amazing give away on offer so don't forget to leave a comment to be in with a change to win the following:  A Place in Time 12 x 12 paper pad both sets of co-ordinating Place in Time chipboard die-cuts both sets of Place in Time stickers Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Keys Graphic 45 chipboard buttons 3 packs of scrapbook adhesive 3D foam squares  and  a Scrapbook Adhesive MyStik. WOW!!!! Graphic 45 Place in Time Giveaway Prize  For info here's a little more info on Scrapbook Adhesives:  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L(r) has been delivering high quality adhesives to the craft industry for 10 years.  They focus on a complete line of rigorously tested and approved adhesives that are safe for all of your crafts.  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L offer a range of products from high dimension 3D foam to s

What a week!

IndigoBlu Tags  Happy Friday everyone If your a follower of mine you 'll know that I've been off work for a while following an op, but my life as a lady of leisure came to an end this week when I returned to the world of totally british beautiful fast fast cars and ones that go anywhere!!  I had a wonderful welcome back from my colleagues so thanks to everyone for making my first day as good as it was.  I thought I'd feel like the new girl, not able to remember anything, but just like riding a bike it all came flooding back :-) Now I feel like I've not been away lol!!!    I cant deny I'm not pleased its the weekend and I've got time to re charge my batteries before attempting another 5 days on the trot :-)  As I've just joined the IndigoBlu team official this week I thought I'd share a couple of tags with you made with stamps from the  Pomp and Pageantry and Grand Tour 1 plates and the ledger background which I really love.  Tag 1 IndigoBlu